NSP Protech Funboard 6'8" 21" x 2 5/8" 42.1L FCS White
FREE PICK-UP AT DOOR - $0.00
Choose this option to pick up from our retail store: Zak Surfboards 307 Victoria Rd Thornbury Vic 3071
Cover & Legrope package available (see below)
Designed for the weekend warrior. The NSP Protech Funboard paddles easily and catches waves early; getting you up and riding more often with less effort. “Funboard” pretty much says it all.
Consider the NSP funboard the “in-between” – halfway between the longboard and the fish. Often considered the next step for a surfer who has spent enough time practising on a longboard. Not quite ready yet for a fish or a shortboard, Protech Funboards are a perfect platform for quick progression.
Bottom: Single to Vee
Ideal waves: 1-6ft
Level: Beginner – Expert
Available in two colours, the Protech funboard comes with three nylon M7 fins.
– A stunning combination of fantastic value, durability and performance. The Funboard is one of the most popular in the NSP range for progressing skills.
– Semi-rounded nose with low entry rocker design puts more volume up front to give more paddle power to catch waves early and easily.
– Domed deck profile allows a forgiving but sensitive rail feel, while the pulled in, rounded pintail is providing control to bottom turns and cutbacks.
– Concave bottom creates a fast water transition through to the tail – providing balance and control in a range of conditions.
– The tri-fin thruster setup guarantees speed and liveliness, with enough hold to ride out your line.
Carbon Flex Tail
Strategically applied to the back end of the rails, the Carbon Flex Tail provides increased durability and resistance against increased back-foot pressure.
This board is recognized by the Sustainable Surf Foundation as a Level One Eco Board;
“An ECOBOARD is a high-performance sustainable board. It has the same technical performance attributes as any modern water-sport board, while having reduced environmental and toxic impacts.”
Protech boards are built from a secure cell EPS core, and reinforced with a combination of 6-or 4 oz* layers of fiberglass.
The Fish and Hybrid are built with a combination of 6 and 4 oz. decks. The funboard and longboard use a double layer of 6 oz instead. For the bottom of the boards, the entire lineup uses a combination of 6 + 4 oz and an additional 4 oz patch.
Carbon Flex Tail
Strategically applied to the back end of the rails, the Carbon Flex Tail provides increased durability. A Carbon Flex Tail is also more responsive than conventional construction and provides unparalleled flex response in turns.
Bio Epoxy Resin
Protech boards are Level One Eco-Board certified. EPS-moulded blanks already require less material, reducing environmental impact. Using bio epoxy resin minimizes the footprint of Protect boards even further.
*6 and 4 refer to how much the fiberglass cloth weighs per square yard.
* Package Available - includes a FCS Classic Boardcover and a top quality FCS Essential Legrope/Leash. If you don't want the items in the package (or you want to select you own) you can choose any Cover/Bag, Legrope & any other accessories from our range at 20% off rrp. All wetsuits are also discounted at 20% off RRP with the purchase of a New Surfboard (package or not)
FCS Classic Boardcover
The brand new Classic Cover from FCS. Ultralight and tough. The ideal cover for day-to-day us
Internal 20cm tarpee pocket: Hidden storage compartment for your surf equipment
5mm PE Foam: perfect protection for day-to-day use.
Marine Grade Zippers: built for strength, durability and resistance to seizing.
FCS Essential Legrope/Leash
The FCS Essential Leash Range are inspired by the revolutionary Freedom Leash, streamlined into a light, durable and super comfortable leash that is built to handle all conditions.
In-cuff silicone grip preventing ankle twisting and sliding
Hypalon pull tab for ease of release
Extra Strength moulded velcro
Extended overmould reduces tangles
Contoured horn conforms to the shape of the ankle
7mm / 0.28" high quality urethane cord
Suitable for use in 2-8ft waves
Backed by a 2 year warranty